NEW ALBUM: "ACOUSTIC" BY TIKEN JAH FACOLY

Friday, May 29, 2015

Anthony Leonard Pierre "Not Afraid (29)" - Song Credit (translator)


"Not Afraid (29)" by Anthony Leonard Pierre

Song taken from the album "Tradeswoman" - Cd: (5/1/2014)
Vocal performance by Anthony Leonard Pierre
Music by Obeah Akkompong band


"Not Afraid (29)" - Song lyrics (translator):

I am not
ashamed
nor am I
afraid
neither will I
refrain
from speaking
MY  MIND.

Though I know
this Mouth
that causes Me
to be heard and
to bring fame --
this same Mouth
will bring Me
TO - THE - GRAVE.

So I Speak
as if … it’s My last Speech
-- FREELY --
there is no hesitation
as consistent is an unfettered, untamed Mentality
never Slept to awake divided amongst Self
or found Self in the confusion
webbed in the integrated arms of My enemies
the tendency then is
I’m the weapon within the Man your fear perceives
so waltz around while I dip in the Rub-A-Dub
unzipping the executioner’s mask.

I am not
ashamed
nor am I
afraid
I fear not
BECAUSE  I  SPEAK - THE  TRUTH
knowing ...
it’s in the silence of the un-played notes
that truth revels the purity of Life.

Not afraid
of a cause of/or effect
I will never refrain
from speaking
MY  MIND
atoned and intoned to the Waves’ crest
I labrish My Gall.

Silence - passivity an’ compliance
will never give
BLACK  LIBERATION!
the Oceans’ floor will be dug six feet six
still My Lips will be moistened - by
My Tongue tattling My outcries.

So I  Dance
cockeyed at the noose
as it suffocates the belief in
in that which cannot be proven
I do not gird a waist - though
I am neither taskmaster nor its follower
thus My alleluia is Irie
whilst I  Speak volumes in the barefoot Skank
as your bellyfuls weight you to the noose
I labrish atones the bell’s tone
I fear not
BECAUSE  I  SPEAK - THE  TRUTH
knowing this reality
will bring Me
TO - THE - GRAVE.

I am not
ashamed
nor am I
afraid
neither will I
refrain
from speaking
MY  MIND.

Silence - passivity and compliance
will never bring about
the Liberation of the Black Race!


Check out:
Anthony Leonard Pierre's Song lyrics, Profile & Discography on Reggaediscography


No comments:

Post a Comment