NEW ALBUM: "ACOUSTIC" BY TIKEN JAH FACOLY

Monday, January 22, 2018

The Inspirational Corner by Janet Young

Janet Ahmad Young

Janet Young is a wife, mother and an advocate for change. Born in Clarendon, Jamaica, but lived in St. Ann, where she attended Marcus Garvey Technical High School. At the age of nineteen, she migrated to England where she earned her Bachelors degree in business management from Brixton Community College. She also achieved a certificate in fashion designing at Elem Center in London

In 1994 Janet then migrated to the United States of America to pursue her career. She initially started out working as a Quality Control manager at a pharmaceutical company, though fulfilling, there was something missing. Having a big heart, the willingness to serve, and the desire to make a difference in a very special way, she became certified as a nurses' assistant and worked at Boca Rehabilitation Center, encouraging and uplifting others by giving them hope.

Faced with a life changing medical challenge  of her own,  which left her helpless and totally dependent  God, everything came full circle. Using her faith in God and prayer as her wespon, she was able to make a full recovery.

Happy to be alive, she embraces the power of prayer and how it changed her life by bringing her from the brink of death's door, enabling her to now enjoy life to the fullest by sharing her love, gifts and talents, using them to enrich lives of everyone she comes in contact with.

Being inspired to give back to her community and the passion to serve, especially the youth, wanting to see them progress and achieve their goals; she's devoted her life to making a positive difference. She currently  serves as the director of Spiritual Values and inter-clubbing at the Kiwanis Club of Greater Sunrise in Broward.

Janet's desire is to continue glorifying God by serving his people, she strongly believes that God still answer prayers and so she's made a vow to keep walking and shining her light as he continues to order her steps.



Let me introduce myself

Five years ago, I woke up at dawn with nausea, and a debilitating headache.  I stumbled outside and vomited all over my car as I drove myself to the hospital.
They did a cat scan and found a pituitary tumor and an aneurism in my brain. How could that be?  I was forty-five years old and had so much going on in my life.  I’m a mother, a wife, and God knows I needed my health. Lord order my steps.

The doctors declared I could not go home. I needed emergency surgery, because the tumor was located, behind my eyes. The neurologist stated I would be home in two weeks. Not so.  I spent six weeks fighting for my life in a hospital bed.  Even when medical science gave up on me and gave me morphine “just for the pain,” I kept fighting.

As a Christian, you would think I should know how to pray, but I couldn’t find the words. I called my Pastor and he advised to me to get on my knees and ask God to heal me.
“Jan you’re his daughter and he knows you by name. He’s not done with you yet,” he added.

After been hospitalized for such a long time, my recovery at home was overwhelming. I was sent home with a nurse, and a drip line in my arm because I had developed an infection in my brain. My eyes were bloodshot, and my brain swollen. I couldn’t remember very much or speak clearly.
I looked at the walker they gave me and prayed, “Lord order my steps.” I taught myself how to do all the things I forgot and told myself that tomorrow is going to be a brighter day.

Step by step, I learned how to steady my feet. I learned how to read my bible and pray. And I cried a lot when I needed to. I never used the walker, but today I can run for miles on the treadmill.
My son was part of my motivation to rise above it all. I’ve never lost faith or stop to ask my Lord, why me. I am still on my journey of recovery. I’m not there yet, but every day I ask the Father to order my steps.

- Janet Ahmad Young.
--------------------------


Janet Young & Friends



Return to Sharon Corinthian  Main Page


No comments:

Post a Comment